This is my way of buying stuff on ebay. It works for me, so maybe it works for others. I don’t sell stuff so I’ll not touch that topic.
- Before buying stuff check the import rules of your country. When buying from outside Europe I never ever go above 22€, mostly because above that I’ll have to pay taxes in Portugal.
- Be polite on your ratings and comments. If the seller is serious try to understand his/her point of view. Before going for a negative review, just request your money back. Most Sellers will return it. If they refuse ebay will try to solve the problem.
- Always return if you found a serious shop, it’s better than getting ripped off just because the price was 5 cents cheaper.
- Always pay attention to how many sales and negative feedback a shop has, lots of complains are usually a no go for me.
- Pay attention to the shipping price, some things might look cheap but they aren’t.
- Always read the description of the product, twice.
- If it’s too amazing to be true, it’s not true. Scammers love eBay
- Test the seller before committing too much money on a parcel. When I buy in Europe I try to know a seller and only after some cheap buys will I risk buying expensive stuff.
- Avoid bids if you can, and be prepared to lose sometimes if you bid on ebay.
- Some things are just too expensive on ebay, I once saw four tuna cans selling on ebay for about 25€ plus shipping, in Portugal you can buy them for 6€. Enough said.
- Last but most important, use common sense when buying stuff on ebay, always pay with paypal and never ever pay money outside the ebay system our you’ll probably lose it all for scammers.
This list is by no means a complete one, but it covers my basics of buying safely on ebay.