What follows is a list of my go to gear for daily use.
– Beyerdynamic DT 880 (250 Ohms): These are my reference headphones for all things audio, the 880s are brutal in terms of detail retrieval, their treble is a love or hate it kind of thing.
– Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro: The 990 Pro are my fun headphones, with a V-Shaped frequency response these are nice references for V-Shaped gear. For most part I use them for background music when I’m doing something on my computer.
– Lake People G103-S: The G103 is my reference headphone amplifier. Might be cheap by today standards but drives the Beyerdynamics like no other.
– Creative Labs E5: A great portable DAC that I use to drive my 990s and also test IEMs. Sadly its very underrated by the community, because it’s not made by a audiophile niche brand.
– Sony Walkman NW-A45: The impressive entry level DAP/DAC from Sony. My go to portable player for daily commutes and also for testing IEMs. My model is unlocked so it’s not limited by the European hearing safety laws.
– Swissonic CDMP 1 V2.0 CD Player: A cheap but solid CD player which I often pair with the Lake People G103.
– Sony Xperia L1 Smartphone: Again a simple smartphone I use daily for both my networking and reviewing needs, any hard to drive IEMs will be easy to spot because the L1 like most Xperia smartphones has a low power output to comply with the European hearing safety laws.
As for IEM’s, I don’t really have a daily driver because I use what I’m reviewing at the moment.
Last updated on 23 September 2018